How to Be an Urban Birder
by David Lindo
With a foreword by Jamie Oliver and illustrations by Steph Thorpe.
232 pages, 270 colour photos, 20 colour & 47 b/w illustrations
Publisher: Princeton University Press – WILDGuides
Publish date: July 27, 2018
Dimensions: 15.2 x 1.3 x 21.6 cm
Estimated weight: 515 grs
About this book
The first guide to urban birding in the UK, from The Urban Birder himself, David Lindo.
Urban birding is fast becoming ornithology’s new rock ’n’ roll. Birds and birding have never been cooler—and urban birding is at the cutting edge.
How to Be an Urban Birder is the world’s first guide to the art of urban birding—which is so easy and great fun! Here, urban birding pioneer David Lindo tells you everything you need to know about birds and birding in towns and cities in the UK.
- Includes a brief history of urban birding in the UK
- Covers the best places to look for birds in towns and cities
- Helps you get to know your urban birds
- Gives useful tips on how to attract birds to your garden
- Explains what gear you need and how to go about being an urban birder
- Features hundreds of cool images and illustrations of birds in urban settings
“Enjoy this book, and make sure you look up – deep inside all of us is an Urban Birder!”
– Jamie Oliver
Chapter 1 [PDF]
Every effort has been made to accurately reproduce the look of this product but there may be upto 5% variation in the colour and design of the actual product received due to varied screen resolution or lighting at time of digital photography.
Our delivery service
Delivery of orders should take between 2 to 4 working days and are usually despatched directly from the supplier. The Urban Birder Ltd (TUB) does not control their despatch. However, in the event of any delay or non-appearance of goods please do not hesitate to contact us. We do not deliver to P.O. Boxes.
- UK delivery – Royal Mail Signed For 1st Class: £2.50
- Europe delivery – Royal Mail International Tracked and Signed: £5.00
- Rest of the World delivery: £5.00
Free UK delivery
If you order gift cards, virtual gifts and/or gift membership packs, and nothing else, you will not be charged for delivery. If your order totals £50.00 or more, standard UK delivery (including Channel Islands) is free.
Order by Monday 19th December before 3pm and we endeavour to deliver before Christmas. If you order after the 19th December we cannot guarantee the timely arrival of your order before Christmas.
If you have any questions or queries regarding your order, please email us at “store[@]theurbanbirderworld.com”.